I’m cheap. There’s no nice way to put it.
Being cheap isn’t necessarily a bad thing though. I have saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars throughout my life by finding deals, special offers, and comparing prices on things I want to buy. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday just a few weeks away, I’m making my own list and checking it at least twice.
Online retailers as well as brick and mortar stores will be having huge savings in the coming weeks leading up to Christmas. Many stores will even let you sign up for their email list to get notifications of sales online or in your nearest store.
With that said, here 25 survival gifts that are already cheap enough to stuff in stockings or wrap up for your survival-minded friends and family:
1. Matches/lighters/lighter fluid
2. Tarps/trash bags
3. Camo poncho
4. Seat belt cutter. To read why every vehicle needs one and learn about other vehicle survival items, click here.
5. Chem lights
6. Duct tape
7. American Red Cross First Aid and Safety Handbook. To find out more about first aid essentials, click here.
8. SAM Splints. If you want to watch my instructional video on how to properly apply a SAM splint, click here.
9. Pepper spray
10. Survival II by Tool Logic. Watch my video review of this neat little tool here. It also shows how to properly use the fire starter attached to it.
11. Life Straw Personal Water Filter
12. Survival whistle
13. Hand-crank flashlight
14. Water purification tablets
16. Fishing yo-yo’s. To see another efficient method of fishing, watch this video.
17. 2012 Emergency Response Guidebook. Coming from a chemical/HazMat background in the Army, this book is worth it’s weight in gold. Find out why here.
18. Survival Kit-in-a-can. Want to make your own survival kit-in-a-can? Learn how here.
19. 550 cord. The survival applications for 550 cord are numerous. You can read about some of them here.
20. SAS Survival Guide. If you’ve read many of my articles, you know that I think this book is awesome! Read why I think everyone should have a copy here.
21. Survival knife
22. A box or two of ammunition
23. Ethyl alcohol. Watch my video to see how this can help you survive in more ways than one.
24. Vehicle recovery strap
25. Israeli Pressure dressing. For other methods to control bleeding, read this.
I hope this list gets you pointed in the right direction for your holiday shopping!
What’s your favorite survival item under $25?